Saturday 24 August 2013

What is galaxy??

Hello guys!
I'm the admin of the blog. I'm Abhishek Pokala.
I'm a cosmo-geek/cosmo-addict.
I love cosmology.
You've got doubts about the amazing cosmos? Make sure you ask the admins of the blog.
Thank You.

To start with my postings, I'll go with the basics..
Now, what're galaxies?
Galaxies are a cluster/group of stars..
Galaxies consist of mostly stars, gas and dust, dark matter..The word galaxy is derived from the Greek word galaxias.There are about 170 billion galaxies in the Universe.Probably more..Let's stick with 170 Billion for now.. So, now.. Number of stars in the Universe? 
That's way high.
Our little solar system is a part of "The Milky Way" Galaxy.Our Milky Way is a Spiral Galaxy.The Range of stars in The Milky Way is from 100 billion to 400 billion...Our Sun is one of the stars of the 100 billion to 400 billion stars..That's all for today..See ya, peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment